Some BSA Motorcycle Manuals & Wiring Diagrams PDF are above the page.
In 1880, the BSA introduced its first bike. The beginning of the 20th century was marked by the appearance of motorcycles, and their immense popularity prompted the company to create components for this type of transport.
In particular, in 1904 the production of motorcycle frames was launched, and in October 1910 the company created its first motorcycle - a traditional device for those times with a vertical lower-valve “square” (85x85 mm) power unit with a volume of 500 cc located in the lower corner tubular frame.
As an option, the masters offered a clutch located in the rear wheel hub.
In 1953, the company's motorcycles began to be equipped with a chassis with a pendulum suspension of the rear wheel. The novelty debuted on the Gold Star series.
A year later, the Golden Stars acquired new engines with a characteristic break in the muffler pipe and abundant fins. The 350 cc power unit has increased its power to 30 hp, and the 500 cc to 37 hp.
In 1958, the lineup was replenished with a completely new light motorcycle. The device "C15 Star" was equipped with a 250 cc single-cylinder overhead engine with a capacity of 15 hp, while in this unit a four-speed gearbox was located.
In accordance with the country's government-sponsored rescue plan for the British motorcycle industry, in 1973 the BSA was merged with Norton-Villiers, resulting in the formation of the Norton-Villiers-Triumph holding.
Soon the company again found itself in a difficult situation, as a result in 1994 it became part of the Regal Engineering concern, and its name was changed to BSA Regal Group.