Sportster DTC Intsructions/codes
Enter diagnostic area by turning the ignition from OFF to ON while holding the reset switch in. The normal power-up sequence will occur before entering the diagnostic mode. Diagnostic codes set during this power-up sequence will be stored as well.
Important Note: Be sure no diagnostic codes are indicated before reset is held in for more than 5 seconds or diagnostic information will be lost.
When in diagnostic mode the odometer will display the first diagnostic code. When the trip switch is pressed again the next code will be shown. If the trip switch is pressed for more than 5 seconds at any time while in the diagnostic mode, the diagnostic code displayed will be erased.
There are 7 different diagnostic codes available. They are as follows:
d01 - Speed sensor power output shorted low
d02 - Speed sensor power output shorted high or open
d03 - Not Used
d04 - Not Used
d05 - Speed sensor return shorted high
d06 - Speed sensor return shorted low
d07 - Not Used
d08 - Speedometer power over voltage
d09 - Speed output shorted high
d10 - Speed output shorted low or open
CAL XX - Speedometer application calibration number:
14 = Domestic
15 = HDI
When in the diagnostic mode, all codes are displayed in sequence from d01 to d10.
As a code appears in the display (for instance d02), it will read "d02Set" if set or "d02CLr" if clear.
The diagnostic mode is exited either by turning ignition from ON to OFF to ON again without depressing the reset switch or if a speed signal greater than 5 MPH is detected.
Diagnostics cannot be performed if system voltage is less than 9 VDC or greater than 16 VDC. The only exception is d08 which is set when system voltage is greater than 16 VDC.
After all the diagnostic codes are displayed, the speedometer calibration number is displayed (CAL 14 for example).
1- Turn Ignition switch to OFF & Run/Stop switch is to Run.
2- Push odometer reset button in & hold.
3- Turn ignition switch to Ignition and release odometer reset button. Background lighting sould illuminate, speedometer needle should sweep its full range and indicator lamps (battery, security, low fuel, check engine and cruise) should illuminate. The word “diag” should then appear.
4 - Push the odometer reset button once and you will see the selection menu "PSSPt" with the first P flashing.
5 - Each letter represents an area of the diagnostics module. The module that is flashing is the one you are going to check. To move from one letter (module) to the next, you push the odometer reset button one time. (from P to S to SP to t and back to P, etc.)
P = ECM/ICM (Electronic Control Module [EFI] / Ignition Control Module [Carbureted])
S = TSM/TSSM (Turn Signal/ Turn Signal Security Module)
SP = speedometer
T = tachometer
6 - To get the DTC within an area of diagnostics, push and hold the odometer reset button in for 5 seconds and release. If there are any DTC’s the code will be displayed or the word “none” will appear if there are no DTC’s. Push the odometer reset button again to view additional codes if they exist.
7 - Record the codes.
8 - If DTC’s are not to be cleared, Press and release the odometer reset button. Part number of module will be displayed.
NOTE: To determine if a code is current or historic, clear the displayed code by pushing in and holding the odometer reset button ( longer than 5 seconds) until 'clear' comes up. Release the odometer reset button. Turn OFF the ignition switch. Run your bike and shut it down then recheck the DTC’s again by repeating steps 1 to 9. If the code is current it will reappear.
9 – Press and release the odometer reset button to continue to the next module.
10 – Turn Ignition switch to OFF.
On models not equipped with a tachometer "No Rsp" will appear when the tachometer identifier is selected.
"No Rsp" will also appear if the run/off switch is in the off position when doing this procedure.
HFSM = Hands Free Security Module
TSM = Turn signal module
1. P0605 ECM FLASH Memory Error
2. P0603 ECM EEPROM Memory Error
3. U1300 ECM Serial Data Low
4. U1301 ECM Serial Data High
5. U1097 Loss of Speedometer Serial Data to ECM
6. U1064 Loss of TSM/FSFM Serial Data to ECM
7. P1003 System relay contacts open
8. P1002 System Relay Coil High/Shorted
9. P1001 System Relay Coil Open/Low
10. P1004 System Relay Contacts Closed
11. P1009 Incorrect Password
12. P1010 Missing Password
13. P06415 V+Vref 1 Out Of Range
14. P06515 V+Vref 2 Out Of Range
15. P0373 CKP Sensor Intermittent
16. P0107 Map Sensor Open/Low
17. P0108 Map Sensor High
18. P0374 CKP Sensor Synch Error
19. P1600 EFI Module Processor Internal Error
20. P1270 TGS Validation Error
21. P2107 EFI Module Processor Internal Fault
22. P2122 TGS1 Low/Open
23. P2123 TGS1 High
24. P2127 TGS2 Low/Open
25. P2128 TGS2 High
26. P2138 TGS Correlation Error (Twist grip sensor)
27. P0120 TPS1 Range Error
28. P0220 TPS2 Range Error
29. P0122 TPS1 Low
30. P0123 TPS2 High/Open
31. P0222 TPS2 Low
32. P0223 TPS2 High/Open
33. P2135 TPS Correlation Error
34. P2119 EFI Motor Throttle Body Range Performance
35. P2100 EFI Motor Circuit Open
36. P2101 EFI Motor Circuit Range Performance (Actuation Error)
37. P2102 EFI Motor Circuit Low
38. P2103 EFI Motor Circuit High
39. P2176 EFI Closed Position Not Learned
40. P1514 Air Flow Fault
41. P2105 EFI Forced engine shutdown
42. P1501 Jiffy Stand Sensor Low
43. P1502 Jiffy Stand Sensor High
44. P0572 Brake Switch Low
45. P0117 ET Sensor Low
46. P0118 ET Sensor High
47. P0112I AT Voltage Low
48. P0113I AT Voltage Open/High
49. P1351 Front Ignition Coil Driver Open/Low
50. P1354 Rear Ignition Coil Driver Open/Low
51. P1352 Front Ignition Coil Driver High/Shorted
52. P1355 Rear Ignition Coil Driver High/Shorted
53. P1357 Front Cylinder Combustion Intermittent
54. P1358 Rear Cylinder Combustion Intermittent
55. P0261 Front Injector Open/Low
56. P0263 Rear Injector Open/Low
57. P0262 Front Injector High
58. P0264 Rear Injector High
59. P0562 Battery Voltage Low
60. P0563 Battery Voltage High
61. P0501 VSS Sensor Low
62. P0502 VSS Sensor High/Open..
63. P1356 Rear Cylinder No Combustion
64. P1353 Front Cylnder No Combustion
65. P0444 Purge Solenoid Open/Low
66. P0445 Purge Solenoid High
67. P1475 Exhaust Actuation Position Error
68. P1477 Exhaust Actuator Open/Low
69. P1478 Exhaust Actuator Shorted/High
70. P0131 Front Oxygen Sensor Low
71. P0151 Rear Oxygen Sensor Low
72. P0132 Front Oxygen Sensor High
73. P0152 Rear Oxygen Sensor High
74. P0134 Front Oxygen Sensor Inactive
75. P0154 Rear Oxygen Sensor Inactive
76. P1510 EFI Limited Performance Mode
77. P1511 EFI Power Management Mode
78. P1512 EFI Forced Idle Mode
79. P0577 Cruise Control Input High
HFSM = Hands Free Security Module
TSM = Turn signal module
1. U1300 Serial Data Low
2. U1301 Serial Data High
3. U1016 Loss of ECM Serial Data
4. U1255 Serial Data Error
5. B1142 Smart Security System Internal Fault
6. B1135 Accelerometer Failed
7. B1136(HFSM) Accelerometer Tip Test Error
8. B1151 Bank Angle Sensor(BAS) Short to Ground
9. B1152 Bank Angle Sensor(BAS) Short to Battery
10. B1153 Bank Angle Sensor(BAS) High
11. B1154 Clutch Switch Input Short to Ground
12. B1155 Neutral Switch Input Short to Battery
13. B1134 Starter Output High
14. B1121(TSM) Left Turn Output Fault
B1121(HFSM) Left Turn Output Open
15. B1122(TSM) Right Turn Output Fault
B1122(HFSM) Right Turn Output Open
16. B1123(HFSM) Left Turn Output Short to Ground
17. B1124(HFSM) Right Turn Output Short to Ground
18. B1125(HFSM) Left Turn Output Short to Battery
19. B1126(HFSM) Right Turn Output Short to Battery
20. B1143(HFSM) Security Antenna Short to Ground
21. B1144(HFSM) Security Antenna Short to Battery
22. B1145(HFSM) Security Antenna Open
23. B0563 Battery Voltage High
24. B1131(HFSM) Alarm Output Low
25. B1132(HFSM) Alarm Output High
26. B1141(TSM) Ignition Switch Low/Open..
B1141(HFSM) Ignition Switch Low/Open
Harley Davidson Fault Codes DTC